We have talked quite a lot about Linux shell scripting and Makefiles in the class. We should try to do an assignment now in order to crystallize important ideas about shell scripting in our minds. In this assignment you will have to a fork a project from GitHub to your account, clone it on your local computer, write a makefile file and finally push the changes to your remote GitHub repository. Please take the following steps in order to complete this assignment.
- Make an account on GitHub, if you don’t have one already.
- Fork this repository for an Echo client/server application to your account. If you are not sure about forking repositories, click here to read a tutorial. Its quite simple and shouldn’t take more than a minute!
- Clone this forked repository from your own account to your local computer. Read this tutorial on cloning repositories.
- Now write a nice and comprehensive Makefile for this project so as to be able to build it using the make utility. If you are not sure about how to do that, read this article. It has all of resources to help you write makefiles.
- Once you are done with your work push your changes back to your remote repository from where you cloned this project.
- Also send me a pull request once everything has been done so that, I could review what you’ve been doing.
- Also submit your work here at the LMS so that I could review that.
If you found an error, highlight it and press Shift + Enter or click here to inform us.